This article covers the process of adding a Microsoft 365 Shared Mailbox to Outlook for Mac.
This must be done manually in Outlook on Macs, due to it not supporting the ability to automatically add delegated email accounts to Outlook for you.
- You must already have your own Microsoft 365 email account added to Outlook
- Your own Microsoft 365 email account must have Delegated Permissions to access the Shared Mailbox
- Open Outlook
- Navigate to the Tools tab at the top of the window and click the Accounts button from the list of options
- Click the Plus (+) button in the bottom-left of the Accounts window that pops up
- Enter the email address of the Shared Mailbox, and then click Continue
- Enter the Password for the Shared Mailbox that you are adding, then click Sign In
- Outlook will connect to the Shared Mailbox, and you should now be able to access and use the account