If you’re running a WooCommerce shopping cart within your website, there are a number of maintenance tasks you need to undertake to keep it operating in optimal form.
One of these is tasks is ensuring that your sessions table (woocommerce_sesions) hasn’t grown too large, which is normally a sign that your cron may not be running or that there’s excessive data being collected.
- Login to WordPress, then from the WooCommerce menu on the left, select Status:
- This will display a few pages of checks and details about your WooCommerce site.
- Confirm that your WordPress cron is enabled and working:
- Next, confirm the size of your woocommerce_sessions table from the list:
Ideally, this should be less than 100MB.
- If you need to manually clear all sessions to reset the table, click on Tools at the top of the status page, then scroll down to sessions.
- Click Clear under the Clear customer sessions section:
- Confirm in the status page (ie, Step 4 above) that the size of the sessions table has now been reduced.