Sub-domains can be used for specific sites or for developing a new site before making it live. A sub-domain acts the same as a standalone website, allowing a complete different system to be installed, complete with different databases and settings.
Conetix allows to This article will detail the process of deploying, creating and managing a sub-domain through Plesk.
1. Login to Plesk.
2. Under Websites and Domains, select Add Subdomain.
3. Then select a name for the sub-domain. For this example, we will be using ‘newsite’.
4. When ready, select OK. Plesk will begin deploying the sub-domain for you.
5. To secure the sub-domain with a Let’s Encrypt Certificate, ensure that the sub-domain is configured correctly in your DNS Zone with the IP pointing at the relevant server. Then select SSL/TLS Certificates.
6. Select Get it free.
7. Enter your email address and select Get it free.
A Let’s Encrypt Certificate will then be applied to the sub-domain. You have successfully deployed a sub-domain.