This article will provide an overview of the process to run a manual backup of your website via Parallels Plesk 12. Especially when undertaking changes to your website, ensuring you have a backup of your site is very important. This also provides you the opportunity to keep a historical copy of your site for future reference.
- Login to the Conetix Control Panel and select your subscription. Alternatively, you can log directly into Plesk if you have a VPS.
- On the right hand side, select the Backup Manager:
- Click on the Back Up button:
- This will display open a new screen asking what you would like to backup. As we're only interested in the website for this backup, simply select "All configuration and content except mail":
- Click OK to start the backup. You should see a confirmation that the backup has started:
- The time taken to complete the backup will vary from site-to-site. For a smaller site, this should be completed in under 5 minutes.
- Once the backup has completed, you'll be able to see it listed in the main Backup Manager screen. On the right hand site, you can click on the green arrow to download a copy:
- This will prompt you to enter a password for the backup. Conetix highly recommends setting a secure password for your backup to ensure your data remains protected. Enter a password (and confirm it), then click on OK:
- The file will download to your PC.