Plesk allows you to easily export your MSSQL database without the need for SQL Studio Manager (SMSS). This can also be referred to as a database “dump”, which allows you to take a copy of the database to restore to another MSSQL server, or store a copy locally before making changes.
Conetix highly recommends taking a database dump before running any operation that will affect your database.
- Login to Plesk or the Conetix Control Panel.
- Click on Databases within the website details, or from the shortcut on the right-hand side of Plesk:
- Select the database you wish to backup, then select Export Dump:
- Tick “Enable automatic download dump after creation” and click on OK to start the backup:
- You should now have a copy of the database saved on your local machine.