The installation of the KernelCare rebootless kernel updates is very simple. No reboot is required after installation.
- Login to the server as the root user.
- If you're running a RedHat / CentOS based distribution (including OpenVZ / Virtuozzo / PCS), run the following:
rpm -i https://downloads.kernelcare.com/kernelcare-latest.x86_64.rpm
- If you're running a Debian based distribution (including Ubuntu), run the following:
wget https://downloads.kernelcare.com/kernelcare-latest.deb dpkg -i kernelcare-latest.deb
- This will install KernelCare as well as setup the repository for further updates.
- If you haven't previously licensed KernelCare, this will install a 30 day trial key for you.
- Check the status of the live patching by running:
- If you have any issues and have purchased the key from us, please don't hesitate to contact our Support team.