When a staff member is out of the office for a long period of time it’s recommended to set an auto responder on their inbox so your clients are aware they are away.
You can also use auto responders for situations when a mailbox is no longer monitored, though we recommend instead forwarding the mail onto a monitored inbox instead.
Other uses may include:
- Instant reply with marketing material or support documents
- Confirmation that the email has been received
This article aims to guide you through setting up an auto responder via Plesk.
- Click on Services
- Click on Manage Product
- Under One Click Login select Plesk
- On the left hand side select Mail
- Select the email address you wish to add an auto-reply to.
- Click on Auto-Reply
- The following will need to be setup:
[A] Tick “Switch on auto-reply”.
[B] Enter what the reply message will have as the subject heading.
[C] Enter the message that is to be sent as the reply.
[D] OPTIONAL: You can set up a rule that email received get forwarded to a nominated email account.
[E] OPTIONAL: You can set date to turn auto-responder off
- Click “OK”.