The following support article demonstrates how to create a new client and a hosting subscription in Plesk. While you can create a client and then later add a subscription, this method demonstrates how to perform both tasks at the same time. The main advantage of attaching a subscription to a client, as opposed to setting it up directly under the Plesk administrator’s account, is ease in management. This is especially relevant as you continue to add new subscriptions to Plesk.
- Once logged in to Plesk, click on “Customers” and then “Add New Customer”.
- Enter the contact information of the customer for which the hosting is being set up.
- Under “Access to Panel” create a username and password for the customer, and keep a record for future use. These details are the details the customer will use to access Plesk for their single hosting subscription.
- To set up the subscription you will need to configure the following:
[A]Under “Subscription” ensure “Create subscription for the customer” is ticked.
[B] Enter the domain name for the subscription. Unless the subscription requires a static IP address, use the default shared IP address.
[C] The “Username” and “Password” fields are the FTP details for the hosting subscription.
[D ]Under “Service plan” you will need to select the relevant hosting plan you want for this subscription.
[E]If you are installed any add ons, such as Web Presence Builder, select them from the "Available" list and click the ">>" button so that the add on appears under "Selected"
- Under “Subscriptions” you can see the new client and subscription has been created.