MariaDB / MySQL use two different database formats, InnoDB and MyISAM. To found out more about the differences, we recommend our article comparing InnoDB and MyISAM.
If you want to find out what format your website is using, you can follow the instructions below.
- Login to the Conetix Control Panel or Plesk based server.
- On the right hand side, select Databases:
- This will then display a list of databases. If you have more than one, you may need to verify which database is associated with your website (eg, by checking the wp-config.php or similar).
- Within the database you wish to verify the database format for and click on PHPMyAdmin:
- This will display a summary of all tables within this database:
The type column will indicate the format in use.
- If you wish to convert any older MyISAM based tables to InnoDB, you can follow our conversion guide or contact our support team for assistance.