If you do not have a managed WordPress subscription you will need to update your WordPress CMS and themes from time to time. This is done to ensure you always have the latest security patches and code. The following instructions will show you how to update WordPress.
- There are a number of backup plugins you can install or alternatively contact our support team on how to backup your WordPress.
- Once you have logged into your WordPress Admin you will see on your Admin Dashboard that you have a WordPress update. WordPress core updates will be highlighted on top of Admin as well as shown as a update number. The number signifies the number of updates that are available.
Click on Updates, WordPress ver or "Please update now" link. It will take you to the next screen that will show all updates avalaible including themes.
- Click on "Update Now" button.
- Your WordPress CMS is now updated.
- You can check if there are any additonal updates by clicking back to the Updates page.
If you are a customer on our Managed WordPress platform we will install any WordPress updates as part of our service. We are happy to provide troubleshooting tips for all of our other customers. If you run into any problems, please don't hesitate to contact our support team!