This article will guide you through taking a backup of your MySQL database via Plesk, using the inbuilt phpMyAdmin utility. This highly recommended to do before running any website upgrades (eg Joomla or WordPress) or when
- Login to the Conetix Control Panel or direct via Plesk.
- Click on the Databases button:
- Locate the database you want to backup then click on the "Webadmin" link on the right:
This will open a new window.
- Click on the Export tab:
- Leave the Export method set to Quick:
This will produce a zipped file and automatically download it once the backup is complete.
- Click go and after the server has taken the database backup, it will start to download for you.
- Open the zip file and double check that it contains the SQL backup.
Was this article helpful?