The following support article demonstrates how to set up a new mail account within Microsoft Outlook.
- Open up Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on “File”:
- Click on “Account Settings” and then “Account Settings”.
- From the dialogue box “Account Settings”. Double click on the email account where the settings are to be updated:
- Select “Manual setup or…” and click next.:
- Select “POP/IMAP” and click next:
- Enter the mail settings as provided to you by Conetix.
- From the dialogue box “Internet E-mail Settings” click on the “Outgoing Server” tab. Then tick the box “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”. Then select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Next Click on the “Advanced” tab and set Outgoing Server (SMTP) to “587” and Encrypted connection to “Auto” > Click “Ok”:
- This will take you back to the “Change Account” Screen. From here check that “Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked” is ticked, then click “Next”.
- When you click “Next” Outlook will preform a test to check the account settings. It will preform both an incoming and outgoing mail settings test. Once both test have a status of “Completed”, click “Close”. If one of these tests fail you will need to check the changes have done correctly.
- Outlook will display a “Congratulations!” page to indicate that the account setup has been completed. Click “Finish”. You will now return the main Outlook screen.
- You can now open outlook and use the new mail account.