This support article describes how to install and enable a Lets Encrypt SSL (HTTPS) for your website hosted with Conetix. Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated Certificate Authority (CA) which allows the rapid installation of SSL certificates. The latest Plesk SSL It extension provides this as an easy option for you to use.
You will need to close your browser and re-open it again to force it to load the new certificate.
- Log into your Hosting Control Panel.
- Click “Website & Domains” :
- Next, click “SSL/TLS Certificates”, it may have some information about the current state of the certificate underneath the title:
- Once you have entered the SSL/TLS Certificates page, click “Get if free” to get the FREE Let’s encrypt certificate for your domain. Clicking “Show details” will display more information on the certificate:
- Select the option Secure the wildcard domain (including www and webmail) doing this will not only protect the webmail and WWW prefix but allow for all future subdomains to be covered by the FREE Let’s Encrypt Certificate:
The Let’s Encrypt certificate will automatically renew before the 3 month expiry.
If you have moved your website away from Conetix old certificates will still attempt to renew which may result in alerts via email. Please contact us to resolve alerts.