This article will provide an overview of the process to setup a scheduled backup of your website. A scheduled backup will provide you with a historical copy of your site for future reference. This is a great way to enable a site to be rolled back to a particular day incase an issue is not picked up or a in case backup is not taken before a change is made.
- Navigate to the Backup Manager under your Plesk subscription:
- Click on schedule
- Set how long you would like the backups to go back, 2 weeks is a good middle ground between disk space and backup history. Further storage can be purchased from Conetix at any time to allow for additional backups.
- This will display open a new screen asking what you would like to backup. As usually we’re only interested in the website for this backup, simply tick Domain configuration and User files and Databases leaving Mail Configuration and Content unticked.
- Click OK to start the backup. You should see a confirmation that the backup has started:
- The backup will now start at the next scheduled time. As the backups complete on their schedule, you’ll be able to see them from the Backup Manager screen.