This support article describes how to create a new MySQL database in Plesk and then import a MySQL backup into the newly created database. This is typically done when migrating a website or when moving from a local development environment to a live server.
- Log into your Plesk server or Conetix Control Panel.
- Next click on the Databases tab:
- Next, select Add Database:
- Enter the relevant details, Database Name, Related Site, Database User and Password and click Ok to create a new database.
- Now that you have created your MySQL database, you can click on Import Dump to restore a MySQL backup:
- Select your MySQL backup file either by browsing your local computer or under your hosting folder (if you have already transferred it via FTP):
MySQL will then import the database and display the progress.
- You have now successfully created and imported a MySQL database.