Passwords for WordPress Users are Encrypted making it impossible to recover them if they have been forgotten. However, there is a simple password reset procedure where you will be require to use your email address for verification.
This article will detail the process of resetting your WordPress Password.
- Head to your WordPress Login Page, for example – http://yoursitehere.com.au/wp-login
- Select the Lost your password? link as shown below:
- Enter your Username or Email Address then select Get New Password:
- Your new password will then be emailed to you shortly. Once you have received your new password, head back to your WordPress Login Page and proceed to Login.
- Once you have logged in, it is good practice to change the password again.
You have successfully updated your WordPress Login Password.