The Plesk 12 micro-update #54 updates Roundcube to the latest 1.1.2 release. This requires a minimum of PHP 5.3.7 in order to function, whereas the default for CentOS 6 is fixed on the 5.3.3 release. If this is the case, you may see an error like the following:
You will need to install PHP >= 5.3.7 in order to use Roundcube webmail
The fix is to reconfigure Roundcube to use one of the alternative Plesk PHP versions, as detailed below.
KB Article for MU#55: http://kb.odin.com/126134
- Ensure that you have multiple PHP versions installed via the Plesk components.
- Login as the root user to your server via SSH.
- Update the roundcube.conf to use the PHP 5.5 interpreter as installed by Plesk. You can do this by running sed to do a search and replace:
sed s/fastcgi/plesk-php55-fastcgi/g -i.bak /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/roundcube.conf
- Restart Apache to apply the new config:
- Check that webmail now works as expected and that all other sites are working as normal.