This article shows you how to set up an new mail account within Google Mail (Gmail). You would setup your mail in gmail if you were looking to keep all of your mail in the same place and were already using a gmail account as your email client.
Before starting, we highly recommend you read our article in regards to the issues associated with forwarding emails to external services first.
- Log into your current gmail account
- Click on the Cog in the top right hand corner
- Click on Settings:
- Click on Accounts and Import:
- Click on Add a mail account:
- Enter your email address and click Next:
- Select Import emails from my other account (POP3) then click Next:
- In the next window, enter your username (your full email address) and Password:
- Next enter the hostname of your POP Server and change the Port to 995:
- Tick Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server, Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail and Label incomming messages:
The whole window should now look similar to this:
- Now click add account.
- You are now prompted to configure sending, select Yes, I want to be able to send mail as your email account and click Next:
- Enter your Display Name into the Name field and click Next Step:
- Enter your SMTP Server which should be the same as your incoming server details.
- Ensure you select Secure connection using TLS (recommended):
- Click Add Account.
- You are now prompted to enter a verification code:
- This is sent to the email address you are setting up and resembles the below:
- Copy & Paste the code in the above email into the verification window and click Verify:
- If you intend to send from this address by default click Make Default:
You will now start receiving your mail into your gmail account.