This article describes how to set up your Conetix-hosted emails in the Gmail app on your phone or tablet, allowing for easy access to your email accounts in one location.
Please note that this App is managed by Google – as such, our support for this app is limited to basic setup and configuration of email accounts.
- Install the Gmail app on your device, via the device’s respective App Store/Play Store.
- Open the Gmail App by tapping the app icon.
- Tap the Next (>) or Skip button to proceed.
- Tap the Add an email address option.
If you already have an account set up in your Gmail app, tap the Menu icon in the top-left of the screen, scroll down to and tap the Settings option, and tap the Add Account option.
- In the list of email providers, select the Other option.
- You will be asked to enter your email address. Do so, and then tap the Manual Setup option.
- Select what type of account you wish to set the account up as – either POP3 or IMAP.
This selection will depend on how you have set the account up in the past. For new accounts, we recommend choosing IMAP.
- Enter your Email Account Password.
- Your Server should automatically be configured, however please check to confirm that this is the correct location.
For emails hosted with Conetix, entering the domain name will usually suffice.
- On the Outgoing Server Settings page, ensure the Require Sign-in option is enabled and confirm that your SMTP Server is set correctly (usually the same as the one you set for the Incoming Server).
If you are on a legacy or Starter hosting plan, you will likely need to refer to your Internet Service Provider for your Outgoing Server details.
- Configure your Account Options as you prefer (including sync frequency, notifications, and downloads), and tap Next.
- Enter your desired Account Name (what the account will be ‘called’ in the app), and your Name to be displayed when sending emails.
Your email account will now be accessible from the Gmail app.