If you are searching for a low cost web hosting solution for your small business, then you may want to consider a Shared Hosting solution. Shared Hosting is the most affordable and easiest way to get your site online. With this type of web hosting, your website is put on a server that it shares with other sites. The cost of this single server is shared amongst all websites on the server, therefore making it very affordable.
Shared hosting is the ideal platform when starting out your website but it does pose some limitations. Below are some of the key benefits and limitations of using a shared hosting solution, so you can decide if it’s right for you.
Top 3 Benefits
- It’s the most affordable hosting solution available
- It’s quick and easy to have your website live
- Updates and maintenance of the server are looked after by the host
Top 3 Limitations
- You share your resources with other websites i.e. storage, bandwidth
- If one website on your server experiences issues your website will be effected
- Downtime is higher than with any other hosting
It is important to discuss these potential limitations with your web host to ensure your site is up and available to your customers with minimal downtime as possible.
For most people the benefits associated with Shared Hosting greatly outweigh the limitations. Shared Hosting is the most affordable hosting service and in most cases is fully managed by the web host. You still have control over your website and are given access to a easy-to-use control panel where you can upload your site and create email accounts. If you don’t have the time or know-how to manage your own hosting then shared hosting is for you – and is perfect for small businesses, personal sites and blogs.