This guide is intended for an individual user as they can only login and change their own email settings.
For Administrators with Control Panel login please use this article: How to set an Email Autoresponder (Out of Office).
This support article guides you through the setup an out of an autoresponder, so that emails sent to this account will receive an automatic reply. This can be used for things such as:
- Out-of-office responses while staff are on holidays
- Instant reply with marketing material or support documents
- Confirmation that the email has been received
For example, you could have an auto reply confirming that a customers order has been received or an out-of-office response while you're on Christmas holidays.
- Open a browser and go to "https://DOMAIN.TLD:8443"
Replace DOMAIN.TLD with your domain name
e.g. Your email address is email@example.com , the URL would be
- In the following fields, enter your full email address and your email password. Click "Login".
- Click "Change Mail Account Settings".
- Click on "Auto-Reply".
- The following will need to be setup:
[A] Tick "Switch on auto-reply".
[B] Enter what the reply message will have as the subject heading.
[C] Enter the message you that is to be sent as the reply.
[D] OPTIONAL: You can set up a rule that email received get forwarded to a nominated email account.
We highly recommend sending a quick test to confirm the Autoresponder is working as expected.