This article shows you how to select PHP 7 for your Plesk 12.5 based Linux server. PHP 7 was officially released on the 3rd of December 2015 and offers significant performance increases for existing PHP based platforms. We have an overview of all the new features available here.
Conetix will also be rolling out PHP 7 to all shared hosting platforms over the next few days.
- Login to your VPS as the root user.
- Run the Plesk Autoinstaller to select the PHP7 package:
plesk sbin autoinstaller --select-release-id PLESK_12_5_30 --install-component php7.0
- To select it for one of your websites, login to the Plesk Control Panel.
- Select the website you want to upgrade, then select PHP Settings:
- Select PHP 7 from the dropdown, then click OK to save and apply the settings:
- Test your website thoroughly to ensure that it's compatible with PHP 7.