This article describes how to limit access to your website to a single IP.
This can be useful if you only wish to have certain users/clients accessing the website at a time, such as with staging sites or sites containing sensitive information.
- Log in to Plesk via your Conetix Control Panel:
VPS users can log in to Plesk directly:
- Under the desired website, click on the Apache & nginx Settings button:
2.1. If logging in via a VPS, proceed to the desired website by navigating through the Domains tab on the left-hand side of Plesk.
- Under the Common Apache Settings, locate the Deny access to the site section and select the Enter custom value option:
In area 1 above, enter a ‘*’ symbol in order to block all IP addresses from connecting to the site.
In area 2, enter any IP Addresses that you would like to exclude from these rules – you should enter your IP address to ensure you are not locked out of your site.
- Once you have entered the desired IP Addresses in their respective fields, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click OK to save your changes:
- Your website should now only be accessible to the IP Addresses specified in the Excluding area.
You should now try to visit your website from a computer or mobile device to ensure the block is working as expected.