Many people are still running software which they may not realise is out of date and therefore unsupported by the original manufacturer.
This is because security patches and bug fixes to correct potential issues with the software we run, may not maintain backwards compatibility with older systems.
Examples of unsupported software packages are:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and lower (including Windows Vista and Windows XP)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 and lower
- Apple macOS / OSX Sierra and lower
- All versions of Internet Explorer (including 11)
- Outlook Express
- Windows Live Mail
- Joomla versions lower than 3.9
- Drupal 6 and lower
- WordPress lower than the current release
- PHP versions 7.0 and lower
Microsoft Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
Internet Explorer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/WindowsForBusiness/End-of-IE-support