This article will provide an overview of the process to setup a manual backup of your website. A backup should always be taken before you:
- Make any changes to your site
- Update any software or install new plugins
- Engage with a new developer
This also provides you the opportunity to keep a historical copy of your site for future reference.
- Navigate to the Backup Manager under your Plesk subscription:
- Click on the Back Up button:
- This will display open a new screen asking what you would like to backup. As usually we’re only interested in the website for this backup, simply tick Domain configuration and User files and Databases leaving Mail Configuration and Content unticked.
- Click OK to start the backup. You should see a confirmation that the backup has started:
- The time taken to complete the backup will vary from site-to-site. For a smaller site, this should be completed in under 5 minutes. Once the backup has completed, you’ll be able to see it listed in the main Backup Manager screen.
Was this article helpful?