This article describes how to redirect traffic from HTTP to HTTPS using an SEO safe 301 redirect.
Enabling this option allows for a more effective and efficient redirection as it is processed at the Web Server level rather than the Website software e.g. WordPress forcing the Home URL.
- Log into to Conetix Control Panel or Plesk.
- Click on Website & Domains tab
- Click on the option Hosting Settings
- Under the Security section, select the tick box
Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS
- Click OK to save
- To confirm redirect is working, navigate to http for your URL.
e.g. http://conetixtest.com should redirect to https://www.conetixtest.com