This support article describes how to secure Webmail URL with a Let’s Encrypt Free SSL Certificate. When accessing your Webmail from an untrusted or unsecured network (eg from a free WiFi service), an SSL certificate will ensure that your email username and password (as well as the email itself) is encrypted and therefore can’t be viewed by others.
- Log in to Plesk or Conetix Control Panel.
- Click on Website & Domains > Let’s Encrypt:
- Select the checkbox Secure webmail on this domain
- By default when you include Webmail URL option in the Let’s Encrypt SSL, Plesk will automatically assign.
To confirm click on Website & Domains > SSL/TLS Certificates and you should see the below.
- To test, open up a new tab or window in your Internet browser and load the Webmail URL (Note https not http), https://webmail.domain.tld replacing domain.tld with your domain name.
- To access Emails for firstname.lastname@example.org the URL will be https://webmail.conetixtest.com .
The below confirms the SSL has been applied displaying a Green Lock and Secure :