This article describes how to add a new post and picture into a WordPress website. This article has was written using screenshots from WordPress 3.8.1, so they may appear a little different depending on the version on WordPress you are using, the method is the same.
- Once you have logged into WordPress, from the menu on the far left select “Posts” > “Add New”.
- [A] Add the heading of your new post
[B] Add the body of your new post
If you are adding video or pictures click on “Add Media” If you are not you can skip to step 5.
- Click on the “Upload Files” tab and then add media by either dragging and dropping them from your computer to the below screen. Alternatively, click on “Select Files” to navigate through your computer to select the file you want.
Once you have selected the file you want, click “Insert into Post”.
- From the “Media Library” tab select the picture you want to add to the post. You can insert a caption if required. To add it to the post click “Insert into Post”.
- Once you are ready to post the article, click “Publish”.
- The post will now be visible on your website.