Plesk 12 is shipped in four editions optimised to specific needs.
Each license is available in one of two platform types:
- VPS – fits any virtualization platform: Parallels Cloud Server (Virtual Private Server (VPS) Containers and VMs), VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, Parallels Server Bare Metal etc.
- Dedicated – can be installed on either a VPS or on a dedicated server.
Plesk 12 Versions
- Plesk Web Admin Edition for Web Admins, who manage sites for an employer, a business, or for themselves. They want simple website and domain management without all of the service provider overhead, like management of customers, resellers or subscriptions.
- Plesk Web App Edition for Web App Developers, who build and deploy web applications. They want powerful server management tools for custom application development and deployment.
- Plesk Web Pro Edition for Web Professionals, who designed, developed, and deployed their websites. They want a simple way to manage their customers’ websites, including their growing use of WordPress as a CMS platform.
- Plesk Web Host Edition for “Traditional” Web Hosters, who allow their customers to use their shared account in almost any configuration they want. They want secure WordPress and domain management tools to support their multi-tenant, “install anything” customers.
Each edition only has features that are in demand by a particular group and defines by license key.
|Service Provider Management|
|Power User View (Server + Site Admin)|
|Custom View Management (Server + Site Admin)|
(PgSQL, MSSQL, Tomcat, ColdFusion)
|Plesk Mobile Manager|
|Security Core* with ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp|
|ServerShield by Cloudflare|
|Domains & Use case||Up to 10 domains for hosting your own sites||Up to 5 domains for hosting web applications||Up to 30 domains for hosting customer sites||Unlimited domains for hosting & reselling unmanaged sites|
Available as Add-on
* The Security Core with ModSecurity is only supported on the Linux OS at this time. Support for the Windows OS will be added when ModSecurity is officially supported on IIS by the ModSecurity developers.
With Plesk 12, there are no longer any “Plesk for Windows” and “Plesk for Linux” licenses. Now, you can install the same license on either a Windows or Linux server.