Plesk allows you to protect directories on your website with a username and password. This is useful if you need to block a specific URL or the entire website, such as staging or development copies of your site.
- Login to your Plesk server or Conetix Control Panel.
- Click Websites and Domains
- Select Password-Protected Directories
- Select Add Protected Directory
- Enter the directory name and if required name of the protected area.
- Select the recently created protected directory
- Select Add a user
- Enter the username and password of your choice
- The directory will now be protected