This support article describes how to install, enable and the difference between both types of SSL Certificate provided by Let’s Encrypt. The first type is a Wildcard Certificate, with the second one being a Domain Validated or DV Certificate.
- Log into your Hosting Control Panel.
- Click “Website & Domains” :
- Next, click “SSL/TLS Certificates“.
The current state of your SSL Certificate will be displayed underneath:
- Once you have entered the SSL/TLS Certificates page, click “Get it free” to begin the process of issuing your Certificate.
Clicking “Show details” will display more information on the certificate:
- Let’s Encrypt offers two ways to secure your site, first is a Wildcard Certificate, second is a Domain Validated Certificate. Here’s how to choose between the two:
|Secures||The domain itself and the www subdomain||The domain and all subdomains (including www and mail)|
|Access required||Website is with Conetix||Website is with Conetix|
DNS is with Conetix
|Best When||Just the website is with Conetix||All services (DNS, mail and website) are with Conetix|
- The options that are to be selected to secure a website with a Wildcard Certificate
- The options that are to be selected to secure a website with a Domain Validated Certificate
The Let’s Encrypt certificate will automatically renew 30 days before the 3-month expiry.
You will need to close your browser and re-open it again to force it to load the new certificate.
If you have moved your website away from Conetix old certificates will still attempt to renew which may result in alerts via email. Please take a look at our collection of SSL support articles to help resolve your SSL issues https://conetix.com.au/support-categories/ssl/