If you have tried to login to your Plesk control panel and receive the following error, it may be due to your server running out of space. The error will look like the following:
ERROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]  No such file or directory
- Login to your server and check the disk space:
- If you have corrected the issue with the excess disk space, you can now attempt to restart MySQL / MariaDB:
systemctl restart mysql
- If the database server restarts without error, check that you can now access Plesk. If this failed, check the below commands for the most common cause after running out of disk space.
Transaction Log Error – “Can’t init tc log”
On occasions where MySQL can’t write the transaction log to disk, this can cause corruption within the log itself. This can prevent MySQL from starting cleanly and requires the removal of the corrupted log to continue.
To confirm this is the issue, you may see the following error when checking the status:
[root@ws1 ~]# systemctl status mysql.service mysql.service - MariaDB 10.1.31 database server Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d --migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf Active: failed (Result: exit-code) Status: "MariaDB server is down" Feb 16 08:01:30 ws1.mywebserver.com mysqld: 2018-02-16 8:01:30 140626098874624 [Note] Recovering after a crash using tc.log Feb 16 08:01:30 ws1.mywebserver.com mysqld: 2018-02-16 8:01:30 140626098874624 [ERROR] Can't init tc log
To correct, run the following:
- Access the Server over SSH and move the tc.log of the var/lib/mysql directory:
[root@ws1 ~] mv /var/lib/mysql/tc.log /root
- After the file has been moved,start MySQL again:
systemctl start mysql
You should then see something similar to the following, with the status as Active:
[root@ws1 ~]# systemctl start mysql mysql.service - MariaDB 10.1.31 database server Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d --migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf Active: active (running) (Result: exit-code)
- To confirm issue is resolved, try loading Plesk again.