Let’s Encrypt is the free, automated service which ensures your website has a valid Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate.
For most Conetix customers where the Domain Name System (DNS) is hosted with us, the system will secure all of your additional services such as webmail and email via a wildcard certificate. For this service , Let’s Encrypt mandates DNS based validation and Plesk automatically adds the entry on your behalf.
However, if you have your DNS externally and simply have your website with us, this validation will fail. To secure your site, you can update the certificate type to be a basic HTTP validation using the instructions below.
- Login to Plesk.
- Go to SSL Certificates within the website area:
- If there’s an existing certificate, select Reissue Certificate, then select Let’s Encrypt as the provider.
- Ensure that only www is selected. If wildcard was selected, please de-select it:
- Click Get it free to save and generate.
- Plesk will now keep the certificate updated for you.