This article will guide you through setting up your Office 365 Mailbox in Outlook. You should only proceed with the Office 365 Mailbox setup once your emails have been successfully transferred to Office 365.
NOTE: Office 365 is only Officially Compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2013 and 2016. If you are using an older copy of Microsoft Outlook, we strongly recommend upgrading to the latest version to avoid any issues.
1. Open Outlook and select File.
2. Then select Add Account.
3. If you are using the latest version of Outlook, simply enter your email address and select Connect.
Otherwise, you may be asked to enter your name, email address and password.
4. After selecting Connect or Next, you may be prompted to enter in your password. Once you have entered your password, select Next.
5. If your password is correct, you will automatically be signed in to Office 365. Once signed in, you will be able to send and receive from your Office 365 Account.
The following alternative method can be used to setup the mailbox before it has been cut-over to Office 365.
1. Open File.
2. Select Account Settings.
3. Select Manage Profiles.
4. Select Email Accounts.
5. Select New.
6. Select Manual Setup and hit Next.
7. Select Office 365 and enter the email address you wish to add. Select Next. You will then be prompted to enter a password for the mailbox.
Once the mailbox has been configured, select Finish.
You have successfully setup Office 365 in Outlook.