Thunderbird is a free email, news, RSS, and chat client which can be used as an alternative to Outlook and other email clients. You can download it from here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
This article goes through the steps to set up Thunderbird with your email account.
- Open the Thunderbird Menu
2. Click on ‘Options’, then ‘Account Settings’
3. Click ‘Add Mail Account’
4. Enter name for mailbox, as well as your email account address and password. Then click on ‘Manual Config’
5. Enter your incoming and outgoing server configuration, then click on ‘Re-test.’ You should be able to leave the Port, SSL and Authentication fields on to auto-detect, and Thunderbird will probe the servers for the correct settings.
6. Once the test is complete, the settings will be updated correctly. Click ‘Done’
7. On the next window, once the setup is complete, click on ‘OK’