This article will detail the process of setting up an IMAP/POP Email Account in Mac Mail. This applies to Macs running macOS Mojave, Catalina and Big Surr – older versions of macOS are no longer supported.
- Search for Mail in Spotlight Search, located in the top-right of the screen.
- Select Mail from the search results.
- If this is the first time running Mail, or you do not have any other accounts set up in Mail, you will be prompted to add an account per Step 4.
If you are not shown the prompt in Step 4, click on Mail > Preferences > Accounts, and click the Plus (+) symbol.
- Select Other Mail Account and then select Continue:
- Enter your Name, Email Address and Password and then select Sign In:
- You will then be prompted to enter in some extra information including a Username (the account’s full email address), Account Type (IMAP is preferable), Incoming Mail Server (generally your Domain Name) and the Outgoing Mail Server.
Details on your Incoming and Outgoing settings can be found in the following support article: https://conetix.com.au/support/email-account-settings/
Once these details have been entered, select Sign In:
- You will then be prompted to setup Apple Notes and Apple Mail. Choose the selections applicable to you, then select Done:
- To confirm your account settings are correctly set up, click Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Select your new Email account > Server Settings.
- Check over your settings to confirm the follow the below recommendations;
- Untick the Automatically manage connection settings checkboxes for both the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server sections.
- Ensure both Use TLS/SSL checkboxes are ticked.
- Enter the Incoming Port as 993 (for IMAP) or 995 (for POP3).
- Enter the Outgoing Port as 587. (If there are issues, change to 465).
- Confirm both Authentication options are set to Password.
- Click Save at the bottom of the settings, and check that you can both Send and Receive emails without issue.
You have successfully setup your IMAP/POP Account in Mac Mail.