Mail profiles are a way to group one or more email accounts together in Microsoft Outlook. The two main reasons you would want to create a new mail profile are:
- To differentiate between two sets of email addresses or
- To set up a mail account again using a different technology to deliver the mail.
- Click the start button and type "Control Panel" in the search box, then select the "Control Panel" application from the "Best Match" List.
- Type "Mail" into the top right search box and then click on Mail.
Note: Your Mail Application may be a slightly different version, but this procedure will still work.
- Select "Show Profiles".
- Click on "Add".
- Add the name of you new profile and click "OK".
- A window will pop up asking you to enter your mail details.To setup mail account now please click "Connect to different account" and continue from step 4 in Mail Account Setup.
- Once the mail account is setup, to set the new mail profile as the default make sure that "Always use this profile" is selected.
Now click on the drop down and then select the profile you have just created.
- Click "OK" and you have successfully created and changed the default mail profile.
Was this article helpful?